Continental Corporate Services, Inc. (CCS Legal) is seeking a passionate, successful, and highly driven Business Development Manager with prior sales experience preferred to join our expanding sales and service team. The Business Development Manager will play a leading role in accelerating CCS Legal’s revenue growth in the Corporate, UCC, Registered Agent, and Global Services marketplace.
The role will be challenging, and the Business Development Manager will have an opportunity to gain experience in many aspects of selling to prospects in this market. The Business Development Manager will learn about product development and marketing strategies to add to their success.
Specifically, the Business Development Manager will:
- Secure new business from cold calling efforts and generate a pipeline of prospects to contact for CCS Legal’s law firm, banking, and corporate targeted businesses
- Prospect and manage the sales process; close new accounts
- Be proficient in demonstrating the benefits of the technology solutions offered by CCS Legal and selling the benefits to prospects and current clients
- Develop new business within the current base accounts to bring on multiple new users
- Work closely with the customer service team to quickly learn and communicate CCS Legal’s value proposition clearly and effectively
- Utilize a CRM solution, Salesforce.com to manage the sales process
- Monitor competition to keep abreast of new products, pricing, and technology changes in the market space
- Attend tradeshows, client social events, and training seminars
The Business Development Manager will be targeting The New York Law Journal Top 100 law firms, key national and regional banks and financial institutions, and Fortune 500 national and international corporations and will contact them to discuss how they use public records service companies.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Successful candidates will possess a minimum of 3-5 years of new business development experience selling to law firms, banks, financial institutions, and Fortune 500 companies. Experience in the following markets is preferable:
- Legal related software solutions
- Legal related products and services
In addition, the candidate must:
- Possess general business knowledge, negotiating and closing skills, territory management, presentation skills and possess a motivation for sales
- Use of MS office suite – basic PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Effective communication (oral and written) skills
- Detail oriented and focused on sales follow up from inception to close of business
- Professional presence and demeanor
The Business Development Manager will be provided with training on the company’s technology solutions, a CRM solution, and any materials needed to be successful.
- Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.
- Job Function: Outside Sales/Account Development
- Position Type: Full time- reporting to the Vice President, Global Markets
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Salary: Base plus commissions
- Benefits: Health, dental and optical 401(k). Vacation and holidays paid time off.
- Location: New York, NY. This position is available starting as soon as possible.